Distinguished Lecturer Program – 2015 Call for Applications
The Instrumentation and Measurement (I&M) Society is currently accepting applications for new Distinguished Lecturers (DL) for the Distinguished Lecturer Program (DLP). The DLP provides I&M chapters and technical events around the world with talks by experts on topics of interest and importance to the I&M community. Our lecturers are among the most qualified experts in their field. More details on the DLP can be found here. DLP Evaluations for 2015 will take place in May at I2MTC in Pisa, Italy. Details on the Evaluation Meeting will be made available on the I&M website and the I2MTC website when available.
Suggested topics for DL presentations include (but are not limited to):
- Laser/Optics (including Fiber Optic Sensing),
- Measurement Precision, Sensitivity, and Noise
- DC Measurements
- Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurements
- Robotics/Automated Measurements
- Nanotechnology in Instrumentation and Measurement
- State-of-the-Art of Traditional Measurements and Instrumentation (Digitizers, Voltmeters, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.).
To apply, submit a Word 2003 (or later) or PDF file and include the following:
- Title of Presentation
- Presenter's name and affiliation
- Abstract of the presentation topic (between 500 and 1000 words)
- A biography of the presenter (limited to 150 words)
Applications will be accepted through midnight (CST) on April 27th, 2015. Proposal presentations selected for an evaluation slot must be must be no longer than 12 minutes.
For questions or to submit your application, contact the IMS DLP Chair, Kristen Donnell.